Monday, November 25, 2013

RIP Brother Walt - July 1, 1937 - November 18, 2013



By: Chris "Sledge" Douglas

I heard it late.  However, it hit me just as hard as it would have regardless.

Brother Walt, as I mentioned previously on this site, was the guy who got me my break into television.  Sure, it was public access, but it opened the door to me for SO much.  Many of the best times of my life happened doing public access, and I owe all of that to Brother Walt.

If you want more details on my time on his show, feel free to read my write-up here.  It was an extremely formative time for me, and the chance that Walt gave me had a HUGE influence in my desire to go ahead and continue in broadcasting.

And I can't thank him enough for that.

I think if I were to come up with a favorite memory with Walt, I would have to say it was all the times we would go to the local Athenian Diner after shows.  The conversations were plenty, and the advice given was absolutely key to the person I have become today.

Thank you so much, Brother Walt.  I'll miss you.



P.S. If you would like to send some kind words to the Belsito family during this tough time, please do so here.


No comments:

Post a Comment