Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Not Against Ads, but Finally Went Adblock Thanks to Daily Motion

I know, I know... it's been FOREVER since I last updated.  Being in a demoralizing situation will do that to you.

Seriously, fuck Another Man's Treasure in Waterbury, CT.  I came in just to be a spare guy who prices things, and ended up given more responsibility just so the boss can blame someone else for his fuck ups.

It was the worst experience I've ever had working with someone.  I left when he started refusing to pay me.  THAT's the kind of scumbag he was.

Aaaaaaanyway... enough said about that.  So yeah, it's been a while.

So today I was on Daily Motion, viewing something for a review.  I notice the video froze a lot, so I just thought it was my lackluster Toshiba Satellite.  Nope.  It was video ads.

Video ads... on a video site, going off WHILE my chosen video was playing.  Constantly refreshing and changing the ads every minute or so.  THAT was the reason my video was stuttering.

Daily Motion also didn't even BOTHER to make sure that their video ads didn't automatically play audio.  THAT is when I realized that, even though I myself have NO PROBLEM WITH ADS on the internet in general... hell, it's where I pick up a few cents every now and again... I HAD to start using AdBlock.

Things are moving much smoother now... but it does trouble me a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment