Sunday, January 17, 1999

Bark at the Moon Episode 1

Bark at the Moon Episode 1

 

 



 

 

 

 

 

 

Bark at the Moon

episode #1

Originally aired January 17, 1999

Directed by

The Nightmare

Produced by

Lone Wolf

 

 

 

 

Starring

Lone Wolf

Co-starring

Aaron Harris

SledgeHammer

Trianchula, WP's #1 Fan

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

produced by Shockwave Productions for SKYE
13 Studios

Copyright 1999

all rights reserved

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Bark at the Moon Episode 1

 

 

 

 

 

(cue intro theme, Bark at The Moon ,Ozzy Osbourne)

(cue BATM w/Lone Wolf logo)


(show begins with Lone Wolf sitting in front of a chroma-key
of Iczer One in all her glory. He is sitting slouched in a chair with a
telephone on a table to his right. Sledgehammer, Trianchula, and
Aaron
Harris
remain off camera for the first set)


 

 

LW: (mumbling) ...host Lone Wolf, and we're a new
show on Channel 13... We're aimed at bringing more diversity and bringing
the hard rock/heavy metal culture down here... to the Waterbury... excuse
me, Waterbury, Naugatuck, Wolcott, and all the surrounding towns. We'd
like to say thank you and welcome to our show. It's gonna be a wild one,
cause it's the first one I'm ever attempting... uhhh bring on some news
here that I just downloaded off the web (grabs paper). As you all know,
the new album came out by Metallica, Garage Inc, and I haven't heard
it yet,a nd I'm takin phone calls tonight so I'd like you all to call up
and tell me what you think of it because I haven't heard it yet.

(pause)

uhh I got some uh feedback here on the... on the new album by the creators
themselves...

(reading notes)

from, uh, James Hetfield on, uh, the Free Speech for the Dumb
which was origionally done by a band called Discharge it says :

(quoting)

"I think we've slowed it down a little bit and tuned it to get more
clung out of it out of the riff. I'd like to believe they were the first
crossover band even before us"

(still reading)

and on Turn the Page by Bob Segar James Hetfield also says

(quoting)

"I heard a song on the radio singing about the road life. A kind of
somber, gruff, honest lyric in there. I kinda felt it would--could be Bob
Segar. but the lyric and the song itself was great. so it all has to do
with the song rather than Bob Segar itself. The lyrics are us. We've been
on the road dogs since I."

(puts down paper)

Bark at the Moon Episode 1














Well that's a few of the comments from uh Metallica Inc, on Garage
Inc.
And I'd like you all to call me, and like I said let me know what
you heard, cause I haven't heard it yet.

(pause)

Uhh just to list a couple of bands that I happen to like, Iron Maiden,
Metallica, Poison, Motley Crew, Guns N Roses, and last three the ones I'm
basic--basically from, that's the one I grew up on, so that's what I'm
gonna be starting off with. so, anyway, like I said, I'll introduce the
co-host, oh we got a phone call, line 1... already.

(hits line 1 button)

Go ahead line 1.

(long pause, looks about to hang up)

Caller 1: Hey Lone Wolf!

LW: Yeah, C'mon!

Caller 1: Yeah this is Brother Walt!

LW: Hey Walt, how's it muh goin', man?

Caller: I wanna wish you good luck on this new show, this
new venture, man!

LW: I thank you, man!

Caller 1: Keep up the good work!

LW: Thanks again wuh, Brother Walt!

Caller 1: Will be watching, man!

LW: Thanks again!

Caller 1: Be good!

LW: Be good.

LW: That was... (coughs)... that was awes, that
was an affiliate of my station. I've been doing his directing down here
for quite a few years, that was Brother Walt he runs God,

Bark at the Moon Episode 1














Bible, and You, and if you're interested you can check out the
schedule. So... (clears throat) any other... anybody else? (Pause)
Anybody else? Obviously not. So... how's it all goin'? (Pause) eeearight
well, we got a special treat in for ya tonight, we uh, happened to bring
down a few videos... courtesy Lou, and if you happen to be watching, thanks
again. Oh, we got a phone call line 1 we, we'll take it before we get to
videos.

(hits line 1 button)

C'mon, lemme hear it!

(filter) There is a click, followed by the tone of an open line

(shrugs this off)

Hehe!

Sledge : (from background) Coward!

Trianchula : (from backround) (makes an undeterminate
sound)

LW: Yeah, as my uh, audience seems to think. Well, talk.
Anyway. Yeah, gimme a call back if you dare. Anyway.

(Pause)

...what?

Crew: (off camera, laughing)

Oh, another one, another one line 1. Go ahead.

Caller 2: Um, what does Lone Woof mean?

LW: Means Lone Wolf.

Caller 2: But what does it mean to you?

LW: What it means to me? Means to be a person among nothing.

Caller 2: (laughs) Aight.

LW: Thanks again.

Bark at the Moon Episode 1














(From backround, general laughter)

LW: Ok. Someone asked someone asked about what Lone Wolf
is, and, if you want the history of how Lone Wolf came about I was originally
on the CB, on channel 23 and, whatnot, and uh, it originally came about
as, a friend of mine were just, a friend of mine were just listening to
a CB and were talking about going on, and they had a local net. I believe
it was on channel... 2. I forgot how it was. But uh, yeah I see it . Um,
there's... and he just, and a friend of mine, he was was sitting by me
of course we were listening to the CB in the car he says, "Break in, you
know. Say hi." I said, "Well, whu what am I to call myself?" because everyone
out there had a name. I, he said, "Call yourself Lone Wolf." I thought
about it for a second. Said, "Hey. That fits." I'm a loner. So... Lone
Wolf fits. And uh, we got another caller on Line 1. Go ahead.

Caller 3 : Yes, could you tell me what the concept of
your show is.

LW: Concept of the show is basically we're gonna... talk
about music and, pertaining of course to a heavy metal/rock genre, and
uh, we're gonna be playing a few videos from the select, and we're gonna
be bringin' in some user feedback.

Caller 3: Do you plan to uh, include an, a little more
variety, of music, besides rock?

LW: Uh rock, heavy metal and that's basically that's it.
There's alot of shows offering other, other varieties, so, that's what
I'm concentrating on.

Caller 3: Oh, so you're gonna be gettin' it into the musicians,
stuff like dat?

LW: Uh... I have I have someone that volunteers to co-host
and they're -- they're more musically inclined than I am, they actually
play quite a few instruments. So in a few weeks you may be seeing them
coming up. So it'll give us a little more depth in the music.

Caller 3: Oh, ok like a profile?

LW: Yeah actually.

Caller 3: Ok.

LW: Aright, thanks again.

Caller 3: Ok. Take care.

LW: Yeah we may have a co-host comin' on in the next few
weeks. Uh, I'm not

Bark at the Moon Episode 1










introducing him just yet, I'm gonna leave that for a surprise. And uh,
he plays quite a few instruments, and he's written some music on his own.
So... that'll, that should give us our, our show a little more breath.
And... elp...

(pause)

Oh, phone call Line 1.

(pauses)

Y'know this is my first show, and I thank ya'll for callin'! Go ahead
line 1.

Caller 4 :Yes I was wondering what you think of the newer
groups like Limp Bizkit and Korn?

LW: Um... you know, I'mina try and say this as nice as
possible, but I can't, I, I I really can't get a feel for music. I'm, y'know,
I'm sure there are people out there and, to something, to everybody something
is music. I just have a hard time really digging into it.

Caller 4: What about Iron Maiden?

LW: Iron Maiden is of course my favorite band yes.

Caller 4: Ok, thank you.

LW: Not a problem.

Caller 4: Buh-bye.

LW: Well... everybody has their favorites and, of course,
I have mine. And that's what I plan on playing on the show. Like I said
Iron Maiden, Poison, we're gonna pa possibly include some Black Sabbath
and, Ozzy of course on a solo tear... solo tour, 'scuse me. And uh, he
IS back with Black Sabbath, temporarily, and uh, I dunno. I'm hoping to
see some good stuff from him. More of a Black Sabbath... how we want...
more better than when he went solo. 'Cause when he went solo, he changed
a bit and I think he needed that. I think he actually needed that for himself
and, basically the band needed it's own thing as well. So... And I believe
I have a caller on Line 1. This is great. Thank you folks. Go ahead.

Caller 5: Yeah I wanna know what do you think of rap?

LW: Rap? Uh... I'm really sorry but I don't have the words
for it. I, I really hate it. To be honest with you and truthfull I, like
I said, to a caller who called in before, to

Bark at the Moon Episode 1










something, to a person something is music, and that's just not my music.

Caller 5: Another thing, do you like Marilyn Manson?

LW: Absolutely not.

Caller 5: Uh huh. Ok.

Trianchula (in background): He sucks!

Caller 5: He's an, he's an, he's another artist in the
rock industry, who's making a name for himself, like Metallica and the
other groups you mentioned.

LW: Well Metallica was around alot alot longer of course
you know that, but, like I said, I really can't get a feel for his music.
I mean I've heard it, yes, but it just doesn't convey anything special
to me like alota the music that I listen to.

Caller 5: Ah, K, thank you.

LW: Ok, no problem.

Anyhow. Thanks again... for callin'... I appreciate it. And uh, like
I said, I don't like I don't like Marilyin Manson, is very few, very few
bands out there that I that I do actually enjoy, I do actually listen to.
But, it's alot of the older stuff, and that's what this show is about.
And I will be showing some anime clips from the Iczer 1 series, which is,
her face is on the back of me, she's a female android. So... I'll be showing
that soon enough. And Line 1, go ahead Line 1.

Caller 6: Hello?

LW: Hello.

Caller 7: What's that picture of?

LW: Say that again?

Caller 7: What's that picture of?

LW: That's of Iczer One it's a Japanese anime, I can't
produce, I can't pronounce the artists actual name who uh, wrote it, but
it's a Japanese anime and...

Caller 7: Ok. Could you just, um, what songs do you like?

LW: What songs do I like?

Bark at the Moon Episode 1










Caller 7: Yeah.

LW: Uh, if you name a band I'll name a ton of 'em. Y'know...
I got... name...

Caller 7: Two... yeah... that's all. Just two.

LW: Just two?

Caller 7: Yeah.

LW: Uh... my favorite 2 of all time would have to be by
Maiden. One of 'em would be "Hallowed Be Thy Name", and the second one,
I'd have to say, is probably "Powerslave".

Caller 7: Ok.

LW: Thanks again.

Caller: Welcome.

LW: And uh...

LW: (hesitates)

LW: Iron Maiden's my uh favorite musical preference as
you know. So... uh... in a few minutes if there'sno more other phone calls,
there's 1 phone call? Eearight. After this phone call, get the videos rolling.
Go ahead Line 1.

Caller 8: Hey how ya doin' man? uh...just wondering if
you were into any of the local bands uh, ara around the area.

LW: Um... there was... I've I've heard of older local
bands called Gateway and I heard a demo tape by an old band called I am
Dead.

Caller 8: Uh...

LW: And that was way, way way back when, but uh, if you
have any inf information um, sooner on later on this show you'll flash
up an e-mail address...uh if you need to know it's barkatthemoon13@juno.com
and if you have any information on local bands, I'll... be glad to announce
it over the air.

Caller 8: Cool uh... do you have any information on any
of the older bands, where you ever into the uh, older bands around the
area like uh... Sonic Plague or Asphixia?

LW: Uh... I'm sorry but, no.

Bark at the Moon Episode 1










Caller 8: No... ok!

LW: Thanks again, and if you give me the information I'll
be happy to air it.

Caller 8: Sure will.

LW: Thanks again.

Caller 8: Bye.

LW: Eearight. Like I said I plan on... like I like I said
I plan on uh, airing information about local bands and, caller 1 if, I'm
sorry, I heard a caller out there, uh if you hang on a sec, could you please
play the videos?

(Break to video.)

Artist: Iron Maiden

Song: Flight of Icarus

LW: Shh. Welcome back to Bark At The Moon. And that was
"Flight of Icarus" by Iron Maiden. The video for it. And uh, before I get
into the video, we DO have a caller on Line 1 and, call line Line 1.

Caller 9: Uh, what's Lone Wolf mean?

LW: Uh... First of all lemme ask you a question, you the
first, you the person who called before or...

Caller 9: (with a touch of a snobbish attitude) No...

LW: Ok... uh basically it means alone among nothing.

Caller 9: Alone am... uh what was the band that just played?

LW: Uh, that was Iron Maiden.

Caller 9: Oh I like them... could you play it again?

LW: Uh we actually have a video coming up a little later
on so... you might enjoy it.

Caller 9: Um... do you like Marilyn Manson?

LW: Absolutely not.

Bark at the Moon Episode 1










Caller 8: No? Ok!

LW: No. Like I said um, I'm into old... older rock, heavy
metal that's my genre...

Caller 9: (mumbling, we catch the end as) ...your favorite
band.

LW: Yeah, I know.

Caller 9: (holding back laughter) What's your favorite...
(begins
to laugh)

(laughter is cut off by the cLICK! of a disconnection)

LW: I'm tellin' ya that... that (laughs) I'm tellin'
ya, that's just something in with of itself! Uh, if you're gonna call the
show, just make sure you know what you're going to talk about before, 'cause,
y'know I already explained Lone Wolf means something among nothing. And
that's what it is. So uh, Oh! We got another caller. Wow. Great show. Aright
Line 1, give it to me...

Caller 10: How ya doin' tonight?

LW: Hey how's it goin'...

Caller 10: Hey I just wanna tell you about a good local
band that's playing Thursday, January 23rd at Castor's in Waterbury. Called
TriVide.

LW: (pretending to be interested) Uh huh.

Caller 10: Definitely go check them out.

LW: Aright.

Caller 10: Good band.

LW: (enthusiastic) Aright, thanks again!

Caller 10: Alright.

LW: That's Castor's?

Caller 10: Yeah. January 23rd.

LW: Aright, thanks again.

Caller 10: Alright. No prob.

Bark at the Moon Episode 1










LW: Aright. That's uh, guy calling in about uh, local
band, Castor's, it's playing January

23rd and if you missed... I missed exactly the place where he said,
but uh, our show is on loop and I believe it'll be on... sometime in sometime
in the morning. And uh, if that per, that caller that called, uh, would
please e-mail me if I can have my e-mail address up just flash it up long
enough. Uh, any local band information I'd be more than happy to air it.
Aright, thanks again and I believe I have another caller. Do I? Eearight,
Line 1. Ok Line 1, go ahead.

Caller 11: (holding back laughter) Why do they call you
Alone Woof?

LW: (seriously) Because I'm something among nothing.

Caller 11: (trying to speak through laughter)

Arron Harris: (backround) 'Cause you're an idiot!

Caller 11: (continues to laugh)

LW: (tries to stifel laughter with his hand)

(In backround, assorted crew members also having their laugh
at LW's expence)

LW: Thank you. Not only do I think you're an idiot, but
everyone in the studio thinks you're an idiot.

Trianchula: (backround) Moron!

LW: So, at least we're unified in that concept.

Sledgehamer: (backround) Yup.

LW: Anyway. Getting back to the new release of "Garage
Incorporated
"... uh some other things that the band had to say. Here's
James Hetfield again, uh, on "Tuesday's Gone", an old song
by Lynyrd Skynyrd, "This is the only one with guests. Gary uh, Rosington,
Jerry Cantrell, Les Claipool, Jim Marrins, Sean Kinney, and John Popper.
It was live from the radio show we did last year. And, and so there's always
people singing out of key. We gave Randy Stubb the keys to it... the tapes
to it, 'scuse me, and he said, 'here mix this'. And he was like, 'holy...'
well I can't say it. There's 20 guys in it, and they had a great vibe."
Obviously the new Metallica album is well-liked by it's creators. When
I get a chance I'll have to pick it up somehow. And I do believe I have
another call. We have 10 minutes? 8 minutes. Uh, tell ya what. We have
a caller Line 1, I'd like to play another video. If you don't mind playing
it? Next video?

 

 


Bark at the Moon Episode 1










(Break to video.)

Artist: Iron Maiden

Song: ??

LW: Welp, hi there. This is Lone Wolf once again. And
uh, I'd like to introduce you to Arron Harris, who happened to be hangin'
over here, and man of honourable intentions, he shakes my hand, and he
had a bit to include in Marilyn Manson. So... here's Arron Harris.

AH: (overenthusiastic) Marilyn Manson is a shock musician.
Marilyn Manson is nothing else. Marilyn Manson is making a career off ripping
off the goth musicians. Note I say "musicians", refering to the goths of
the 70's and not to Manson himself. Marilynn Manson is making a career
off ripping off the style of the goth musicians of the 70's, and bands
such as Ministry and Nine Inch Nails. Industrial music in other words.
Manson is not a musician. Manson is a fake. Manson is total BS. Manson
is nothing. Manson should die. I've had my fill of Manson. And if anyone
who calls, complaining about Manson again, is first of all going to hear
about it from this guy. Then he's going to call me up, to tear you a new
one, for talking about a totally irrelevant subject on this show which
is for... quote-unquote "good music". Not Poison, not (reflects)
uh... not Motley Crue, not AC/DC, but some of it's good music...(doesn't
seem to believe what he is saying)

LW: (defensively) We do differ in opinion folks but we're
united in the in the fact.

AH: Some of it's good music and Manson is not music at
all.

LW: I'll agree to that fact as I've said before.

AH: If you really want to know, Manson is not music. Anyone
who thinks that Manson is original, that Manson is someone to be worshipped,
anyone who calls him Reverend Manson, anyone who uh, bases their life around
Marilyn Manson, let's face it... you're an idiot! A total, unadulterated
moron!

LW: (wishing this would end) Ok...

AH: There's one person in particular I'm talking to right
now. One girl from Crosby. And I hope you're watching. I really hope you're
watching. You're alright except for the Manson thing. You've gotta ditch
the Manson thing because you're an IDIOT! You're a dip, you're a moron,
thank you Mike! (Throughout, Tri was making feminine sounds.)

LW: You're very welcome, Arron Harris. Well, I I suppose
this this brings the end of our show, and how much time do we have left?
Any... estimate? 2 minutes. We got 2 minutes left. And... y'know what?
I'm sure we're getting some kind of feedback on the

Bark at the Moon Episode 1










Manson thing. Hand me that microphone? I don't care, we'll... Oh! I'm
sorry folks we gotta wrap this up. Uh... I'd like to put in a little uh,
ad for the show that's coming on at

11 o'clock, ShockWave Wrestling!

Sledgehammer: (backround, yelling) SHOCKWAVE!

Trianchula: (backround) Shockwave.

LW: And... that's the host in back of me, he's doin' the
cameras. And helpin' me out on the show...

LW: Aaahh! <?> Well... hey guess what? Know what? I
think I look like... wow!

(looks around hesitantly)

LW: Anyway. That's uh, my director back there, and uh,
the Devastator does a devastating job on the mixer and the toaster and
I appreciate his help for it. So uh, like I said, barkatthemoon13@juno.com.
It's all one... one huge thing, and yes, it does fit. And uh...

Crew: (backround, yelling) SHOCKWAVE!!!

LW: Thank you. Anyway. That's my e-mail address. Feel
free to e-mail me on any comments, criticisms, or anything you wanna say
on the show. On about the show...

Sledgehammer: What's Lone Wolf mean?

LW: (polite laugh) Yes. That's gonna be honored for a
while. Thank you caller for giving us something to laugh about while we're
at the diner.

Crew: (backround) You're welcome.

LW: And I'd like to say thank you, and of course, good
night.

 

 




Fade to black

No comments:

Post a Comment