Saturday, May 5, 2012

The SLEDGE-A-TORIAL - People Getting Hurt - Yard tards


Hehe!  Love the old school late-90's style opinion board banners, corny as they (especially this one) may be...



Anyway, the Sledge-A-Torial has been very serious as of late.  I've discussed everything from a startling report on moneyed interests in lawmaking, to a woman who was sent to prison for NOT killing her abusive husband.  Yessir, the Sledge-A-Torial has indeed been a bit too dark lately.  That's all about to change tonight.  For now, at least.

You know, there's nothing like a week-long vacation to get the mind a-thinkin'.  We are now in the final stretches of Golden Week here in Japan.  And as I hinted, it got me to thinkin' a bit too much.  Namely about a certain HUGE, LIFE ALTERING  MISTAKE I made about, oh, eight months ago.  And as you can probably guess, with that much time on my hands to think about such things, I got kind of down-in-the-dumps, to put it mildly.

So I asked myself, "Chris 'Sledge' Douglas, what can you do that ALWAYS brings a smile to your face?  Something that just makes you feel so much better about the world you inhabit?"

The answer was then crystal clear: Search the internet for videos of stupid people getting hurt.


Even just typing the phrase "people getting hurt" in my search bar put a certain kind of smile on my face.  The kind that would perhaps horrify my mother if she was still around.  At least until she started laughing as well!

Yes indeed, there is nothing better in life to do to lift one's spirits than to grab a stiff drink, type in the above GLORIOUS phrase, and let the dregs of humanity show you that, while there may or may not be a "god" out there, there is definitely karma!

But, there are so many of these kinds of videos out there.  It could be very hard to choose what kind of failures to look at.  So I decided to choose a topic very near and dear to me - backyard wrestling!

As a former 'yard tard' myself, I feel a certain affinity to these kinds of accidents.  Not only did I never attempt anything close to the level of batshit insanity shown in the below exhibit of tumultuous beauty, but one has to consider the thought process of someone who would attempt such stupidity.

First, some notes. This is not a top ten list or anything comprehensive like that. I'm far too lazy to do that. Second, I did have some ground rules: the accident shouldn't lead to death, no young kids, etc. Third, all of these have been around for a while... but THAT certainly does not diminish how great they are.

Anyway, enough jibba-jabbuh... on with the show!



Chair Jump




Snagged




Shovel Head Shot




PowerBomb Ladder Shot




Chair Moonsault




Ladder Moonsault




Styles Clash




Gorilla Suit Swanton




Rooftop Tope Con Hilo




Rooftop Schwein!





Sure, all of these certainly varied in hurtitude... some were just silly. But these videos NEVER fail to put me in a better mood, and they all deserve to be seen at least once!

Catch ya.



No comments:

Post a Comment